Patagonia Provisions created a trio of Breadfruit Crackers that are certified gluten-free and made with an ingredient that helps to enrich soil and fight the climate crisis. The Breadfruit Crackers can be found in three varieties: the savory and sweet Honey Sesame, the warm and earthy Seeded Turmeric and the spicy Aji Molido.
Each one of the new gluten-free crackers lists breadfruit flour as the first ingredient, followed by other alternatives like organic cassava flour and organic green banana flour, plus other nutrient-dense additions like chia seeds and flax seeds. The crispy crackers are recommended with everything from vegetable sticks and creamy hummus to cheese, seasonal fruits and seafood.
When it comes to snacking, conscious consumers are choosing crackers that are made with ingredients that benefit not only their personal health but also the well-being of the environment.
Patagonia Provisions Makes Crackers with Alternative Flour
1. Gluten-free Snacks - There is a growing demand for environmentally friendly snack options that are free from gluten, as conscious consumers look for food products that promote both personal health and environmental sustainability.
2. Alternative Flours - Alternative flours like breadfruit, cassava and green banana, offer an environmentally sustainable option for creating gluten-free products and could be the foundation for new product lines.
3. Climate-smart Ingredients - Incorporating environmentally friendly ingredients like breadfruit flour in food production can help to enrich soil and mitigate the effects of climate change, providing opportunities for socially responsible food companies.
1. Food and Beverage - Food and Beverage companies is positioned to offer more environmentally sustainable snack options as green-minded consumers look for health and sustainability benefits from their snacks.
2. Agriculture - The demand for alternative flours like breadfruit, and cassava creates a new opportunity for farmers. Agriculture companies can benefit from offering sustainable, climate-smart ingredients and helping to alleviate food insecurity problems in developing countries where the breadfruit tree is abundant.
3. Retail - Retail companies can seize the growing market for environmentally sustainable and gluten-free food products to create a new product line and target active lifestyle and health-supplement consumers, a growing consumer segment.