Give more structure to the body-contouring capacity of the beanbag chair and you might end up with something like the Bounce Chair. Winner of an Honorable Mention for the 2012 Red Dot Design Award, Fenny Granata's piece of furniture is as functional as it is aesthetically fabulous.
A polycarbonate cylinder forms the frame of the round object and it's been made lighter for the eyes and the arms with the extraction of two oval sections from the sides. The open top was cut with a slant to make the user's approach easy and her position more comfortable as she trusts the crisscrossing silicone cords with her weight. Manufactured by One Evolve Pvt Ltd, the Bounce Chair comes in black or clear with a choice of colorful strings.
Photo Credits: The Bounce
The Bounce Chair Offers a Cozy Spot to Sit within a Circle of Stretchy Cords
1. Flexible Seating - The use of stretchy cords and silicone material in seating design creates a flexible and comfortable seating option.
2. Combination Seating Structures - Merging two different seating design features into one structure offers a unique seating experience.
3. Lightweight Seating Solutions - The use of polycarbonate and other lightweight materials reduces the heaviness of traditional seating solutions.
1. Furniture Manufacturing - Innovation in furniture manufacturing to create comfortable, functional, and aesthetically pleasing pieces helps to differentiate from competitors.
2. Event Seating - Flexible seating options like Strung Drum Seating appeal to event planning and rental businesses due to their unique design.
3. Office Seating - Combination seating that offers both comfort and structure can be an attractive choice for office environments looking to create a unique workspace.