People who require quick turn around when it comes to print-on-demand services will benefit from University of Toronto's BookPOD option. A great self-publishing model that could easily be adopted in other cities, BookPOD prints library-quality paperbacks in minutes. What makes this service even better is the fact that it partners with the university's Robarts Library in order to offer rare books, out of print books and ore at a click of a button.
As written on the BookPOD website, "You can print one copy at a time. The only limit is your imagination." With this is mind, people can rest assured they'll be able to get their hands on what they need when they need it.
UofT's BookPOD Offers the City's Only Espresso Book Machine
1. Print-on-demand Services - The trend of print-on-demand services is disrupting the traditional publishing industry by offering quick turnaround and personalized options for self-publishing.
2. Self-publishing - The trend of self-publishing is disrupting the publishing industry by providing individuals with the opportunity to bypass traditional publishing channels and directly release their work to the public.
3. Library-printing Partnerships - The trend of library-printing partnerships is disrupting the access to rare, out-of-print books by making them available through convenient print-on-demand services.
1. Printing - The printing industry has an opportunity to embrace print-on-demand technology and adapt to the growing demand for personalized and quick printing services.
2. Publishing - The publishing industry can benefit from embracing self-publishing platforms and exploring new ways to support and distribute content created by independent authors.
3. Libraries - Libraries can explore partnerships with print-on-demand services to expand access to rare and out-of-print books, offering a unique value proposition to readers.