This beautiful electronic track by Bonobo features a PSA from the 1960's which is looped, collaged and warped beyond all recognition. The repetitive imagery moves along with the beats of the song to create a mind bending medley of deliciously imaginative imagery.
The track and imagery build to create a powerful, memorable and hugely original piece of work. The retro imagery contained in the video features neatly dresses housewives and little girls in frilly dresses with ringlets jumping and skipping through the fastly moving collages.
The outstanding video was created by Cyriak, who has previously made videos for Flying Lotus. The graphic designer, animator and illustrator describes himself on his website thusly: "I am Cyriak from 100 years into the future, where I have been exhumed and sent backwards in time via cyberspace in order to welcome you to the unabridged contents of my brain-damaged imagination."
Cyriak Takes a Retro 1960's Film and Loops it Into Art
1. Collage Art - Exploring the use of collages in music videos opens up opportunities for visually stunning and creatively captivating content.
2. Retro Imagery - Incorporating retro imagery in music videos can create a nostalgic and unique visual experience that resonates with viewers.
3. Mind-bending Medley - Experimenting with the fusion of visuals and music can result in mind-bending and immersive experiences that push the boundaries of traditional music videos.
1. Music - The music industry can leverage collage art and retro imagery in music videos to enhance artists' visual branding and engagement with audiences.
2. Graphic Design - Graphic designers can explore the application of collage techniques and retro aesthetics in their work, offering unique visual solutions to clients.
3. Animation - Incorporating mind-bending medleys of visuals and music in animations opens up opportunities for creating captivating and immersive storytelling experiences.