A Singapore artist name Ivan Hoo creates imaginative cutting board illustrations that look extremely realistic. He does so by the use of pencils and pastels on a wooden board, of course, accompanying his clearly raw talent.
His artworks are influenced by original photorealists like Audrey Flack and Roberto Bernadi. Photorealism is the perfect way to make a viewer engage with the artist's work; it combines deceptive aspects that result in the viewer having to exceed a two-second glance.
Ivan's incredible drawings undoubtedly make you question if they are real or not upon first glance. Some of the hyperreal photos include what looks like broken eggs on a cutting board, crumpled paper, a spilled can of cola and a broken glass. His use of textures even make the spilled liquid drawings look wet to touch.
Ivan Hoo Draws Incredibly Realistic Images on Wooden Boards
1. Hyperreal Art - The trend of hyperreal art continues to impress viewers with its ability to blur the line between reality and illusion, presenting disruptive innovation opportunities in the field of visual arts.
2. Photorealism - The photorealism trend challenges artists to push the boundaries of traditional mediums and techniques, opening up opportunities for disruptive innovations in the art industry.
3. Illusionary Realism - The emergence of illusionary realism explores the power of visual deception, providing potential disruptive innovation opportunities in the creation of captivating and mind-bending artwork.
1. Art and Design - The art and design industry can leverage hyperreal art and photorealism techniques to create visually stunning and thought-provoking pieces, pioneering disruptive innovation in artistic expression.
2. Fine Arts Education - The trend of hyperreal art and the demand for photorealism skills in the art industry present disruptive innovation opportunities in fine arts education, pushing the boundaries of traditional artistic instruction.
3. Art Galleries - Art galleries can embrace the trend of hyperreal art and illusionary realism, providing platforms for artists to showcase their mind-bending creations and spearheading disruptive innovation in the art curation experience.