Commissioned by Mattel, the Blonds Blond Diamond doll is the first drag queen Barbie. Barbie experimented being a doctor, an astronaut and now she is embracing a whole new lifestyle to the joy of gender-bending advocates around the globe. Hitting stores just in time for Christmas, the Blonds Blond Diamond doll is yet another celebration of sexual acceptance. More so, it will help teach people from an early age to welcome differences in others. Progression never looked so good.
Created by underground design duo Phillipe and David Blond of The Blonds, the Blonds Blond Diamond doll is clad in a white faux-fur coat and a mini version of the jeweled corset dress from the Blonds’ Blond Legends fall 2008 collection. Cross-dressing has never been more glamorous.
The Blonds Blond Diamond Doll Makes Cross-Dressing Super Glamorous
1. Drag Queen Barbies - The launch of drag queen Barbies is an opportunity for the toy industry to create more inclusive and diverse products.
2. Gender-bending Advocacy - The increasing acceptance of drag queens as mainstream entertainment represents an opportunity for the fashion and beauty industries to embrace gender-bending styles and break stereotypes.
3. Teaching Acceptance - The Blonds Blond Diamond doll launch highlights the growing importance of education on tolerance and acceptance, offering opportunities for the education industry to address diversity and inclusivity in their programs.
1. Toy Industry - The launch of Blonds Blond Diamond doll offers the toy industry a new direction towards creating dolls representing a broad spectrum of backgrounds and genders.
2. Fashion Industry - The growing mainstream popularity of drag queens offers the fashion industry an opportunity to break stereotypes and embrace gender-bending styles.
3. Education Industry - The Blonds Blond Diamond doll launch provides an opening for the education industry to teach children about acceptance and tolerance of different gender identities and orientations.