Esports production company BLAST has announced that it will host its first CS:GO major event in France. The ‘BLAST.tv Paris Major’ will commence in May 2023 and is the first Major since the 2019 Starladder Berlin Major that will not be produced by ESL Gaming or PGL. BLAST has not previously applied to host any Majors before, so this event is one of the company’s biggest endeavors in esports. BLAST has been primarily focused on diversifying its portfolio with the inclusion of non-CS:GO events from titles like FIFA and Fortnite.
“Paris is the world-class location to host the tournament and will precede another high-profile international event in the 2024 Paris Olympics and Paralympics. Next year marks 10 years of Majors and we are highly confident of marking this occasion by delivering the greatest Major to date for CS:GO fans to experience and enjoy," said Robbie Douek, CEO of BLAST.
Image Credit: BLAST
BLAST Announces its First-Ever CS:GO Major Event in Paris, France
1. Esports Expansion - BLAST's foray into hosting CS:GO Major events shows an increased interest and investment in the growth of the esports industry.
2. Diversification of Esports Offerings - BLAST's inclusion of non-CS:GO events from titles like FIFA and Fortnite indicates a trend towards expanding the range of games offered in esports tournaments.
3. Location-based Tournaments - BLAST's decision to host a major event in Paris, France, in anticipation of the 2024 Olympics and Paralympics demonstrates a trend towards location-based esports tournaments that coincide with major sporting events.
1. Esports Production - As esports continue to grow and diversify, there is an opportunity for companies like BLAST to establish themselves as leaders in esports production and event management.
2. Gaming - The trend towards expanding the range of games offered in esports tournaments presents an opportunity for gaming companies to partner with esports production companies to promote their titles and establish a larger player base.
3. Location-based Events - The trend towards location-based esports tournaments presents an opportunity for travel and tourism industries to capitalize on the popularity of esports and attract a new type of traveler to their destinations.