BLAST and Riot Games are launching the third Spike Nations, a VALORANT charity tournament in the European, Middle Eastern, and African (EMEA) regions. The Spike Nations tournament will see teams consisting of professional players, streamers, and gaming influencers compete against each other for a prize pool of €60,000 (~£52,000), all of which will be donated to charity.
Spike Nations’ 2022 event will include teams from the UK, France, Spain, Portugal, Nordics, Poland, Turkey, Italy, DACH, Benelux, Eastern Europe, and MENA. Fans are encouraged to donate to their team of choice, with the winner being granted a spot in the second round of the event. All donations will go directly to charity.
Spike Nations will commence on Oct 14, 2022, lasting until the 16th.
Image Credit: BLAST, Riot Games
BLAST and Riot Games Announce That Spike Nations Will Return in October
1. Esports Charity Events - The increasing popularity of esports and charity events is creating opportunities for companies to reach new audiences while contributing to social causes.
2. Cross-industry Collaborations - Collaborations between gaming companies and non-profits are yielding innovative fundraising strategies and inventive events in esports.
3. Gamification for Social Good - Incorporating charitable causes into competitive gaming events is a prime example of gamification being used to promote social good.
1. Gaming - Gaming companies have an opportunity to establish themselves as socially responsible brands by organizing charity tournaments and events.
2. Non-profit - Non-profits can leverage the popularity of esports and gaming communities to raise awareness and funds for their social causes.
3. Event Management - Event planners can explore innovative ways of designing and marketing esports charity events to drive engagement and participation.