The Eastern College Athletic Conference Esports (ECAC) and the Collegiate Sports Management Group (CSMG) have announced a new ‘All-Star VALORANT’ women’s tournament for high-ranked college VALORANT players. The tournament will take place in September 2022, and will showcase eight teams as they compete to win the series. There is no prize pool for the tournament, as the event is designed to present the skills of female VALORANT players and encourage, promote, and celebrate women in esports.
“To be a part of this tournament is a priceless moment and another step in the right direction for women in esports. I’m envious that this type of initiative didn’t exist when I was in college, but I’m thrilled to see the progress towards a diverse esports ecosystem,” said Heather ‘sapphiRe’ Garozzo, VP of Dignitas and Founder of Raidiant.
Image Credit: ECAC Esports, Riot Games
ECAC Esports Launches an All-Star Women’s VALORANT Tournament
1. Women's Esports Inclusion - Tournaments, events and initiatives that encourage female gamers participation and highlight their skills are on the rise, offering opportunities for further engagement and growth of the women's esports community.
2. Collegiate Esports - College-level competitions and tournaments in esports are becoming more prevalent, providing a new market for sponsorships, partnerships and opportunities for business involvement.
3. VALORANT Esports - The popularity of VALORANT is growing, generating opportunities for branding, sponsorships, and investments in esports leagues, tournaments, and events.
1. Esports - The esports industry can benefit by promoting diversity, inclusion and participation of women in events, sponsoring women's teams and leagues, and leveraging the potential of the college market.
2. Sports Marketing - Sports marketing professionals can assess the opportunities of investing in esports and supporting causes that promote gender equality, diversity, and inclusion in sports and entertainment.
3. Higher Education - Colleges and universities can explore esports as a way to engage students, promote their brand, increase enrollment, and foster innovation in technology, marketing, and entertainment.