The latest Marvel superhero to grace the film industry will be Black Panther. The first black lead for the franchise, the Black Panther movie will star Chadwick Boseman, who previously starred as Jackie Robinson in the biopic '42'. An exciting development for the Marvel universe, this announcement comes with a slew of others revolving around The Avengers, Captain America and more.
The Black Panther movie is slated to hit theaters in 2017. Although a few years away, people will be able to enjoy an onslaught of other superhero movies in the meantime. Those unfamiliar with the Black Panther character, his 'real name' is T’Challa and he comes from a fictional African country, Wakanda. He fights with claws and other weapons made from vibranium, which is a special metallic element that can absorb vibrations.
Marvel Announces that Black Panther Will Hit Theaters in 2017
1. Black Panther Movie - A new Black Panther movie as the first black lead for the Marvel franchise presents an opportunity for promoting diversity in Hollywood.
2. Superhero Film Industry - The release of more superhero movies creates opportunities for studios to explore diverse characters and storylines.
3. Marvel Universe Expansion - The announcement of multiple upcoming Marvel films indicates a trend towards creating a cinematic universe with multiple storylines and characters that could lead to new marketing opportunities.
1. Film Industry - The creation of a new superhero movie can disrupt the film industry by changing the landscape of superhero films with a diverse cast and storyline.
2. Entertainment Industry - The expansion of the Marvel universe and the release of new superhero films creates opportunities for industries such as gaming, merchandising and theme parks to create new products and experiences for fans.
3. Comic Book Industry - The success of superhero films can drive demand for related comic books, leading to new opportunities and revenue streams for the comic book industry.