In honor of Bike to Work Week, the food delivery service foodora is teaming up with SmartHalo to help improve and encourage rider safety. With new gear and a number of other important safety initiatives, the campaign aims to help protect the company's sizeable fleet of riders in Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver.
In order to support Bike to Work Week and help improve rider viability, foodora is launching a pilot program that will outfit each rider's bike with a smart biking device called SmartHalo. The device itself is a minimalist gadget that connects to the rider's smartphone. The Bluetooth-enabled device not only protects the rider from distracting smartphone notifications, but also displays the safest route to a desired location and lights the way at night. There is even an anti-theft alarm that helps to keep thieves at bay.
With the new SmartHalo devices, foodora aims to improve the safety of its hard-working riders -- many of whom travel an average of 300 kilometers a week. The company is also supporting bike safety in the community with its 'Happy Cycling Maps,' which show the safest cycling routes in the city.
foodora is Teaming Up with SmartHalo for Bike to Work Week
1. Smart Biking Devices - The use of smart biking devices like SmartHalo can enhance rider safety by providing navigation, notification filtering, and anti-theft features.
2. Safety Initiatives for Delivery Services - Implementing safety initiatives, such as outfitting delivery riders with smart biking devices, can help protect the riders and improve overall safety for delivery services.
3. Safest Cycling Routes - Promoting and providing access to 'Happy Cycling Maps' that showcase the safest cycling routes can enhance safety and encourage cycling in cities.
1. Food Delivery Services - The integration of smart biking devices and safety initiatives can help improve the safety and efficiency of food delivery services.
2. Bike Accessories and Gadgets - The demand for smart biking devices like SmartHalo can create opportunities for innovation and growth in the bike accessories and gadgets industry.
3. Urban Planning and Mapping - Developing and maintaining accurate and up-to-date cycling route maps, like 'Happy Cycling Maps,' can benefit the urban planning and mapping industry.