IMB has released its list of innovations that they think have a real shot of becoming commercial in the next five years. "Next Five in Five" is based on IBM research and trend watching.
The "Next Five in Five" are:
1. Energy-saving solar technology will be built into asphalt, paint and windows.
2. You will have a crystal ball for your health (via genetic maps.)
3. You will talk to the Web and the Web will talk back (via voice recognition)
4. You will have your own digital shopping assistants (via mobile devices)
5. Forgetting will become a distant memory (via smart appliances in every area of the home and office)
Insights Into Future Innovation
More Stats +/-
IBM Magic Book Audio Recorder With Voice Recognition
Avatars For The Blind
Supercomputers Made from PS3 Parts
Targeting the Gadget Generation