This bicycle sensor saves cyclists' lives by warning them when traffic is approaching from behind. The Backtracker will keep you out of danger and prevent you from getting rear-ended when riding in busy, congested areas.
The South African firm iKubu developed the system in two parts to be fitted on the front and back of your bike. The bicycle sensor unit in the back can locate a car up to 150 feet away, will send a signal to the front unit, which will in turn alert you to its presence via light-up LED strips. A green light represents the cyclist when there is no threat posed. An approaching vehicle will be represented by a white light, and the green light will turn yellow. If the car is approaching at a reckless speed, the green light will turn red and the white light will blink rapidly.
The Radar Bicycle Sensor System Uses Simple Colors to Warn Bikers of Cars
1. Bicycle Safety Sensors - Developing sensors and alerts for bicycles to increase safety in heavy traffic areas.
2. Cyclist Alert Systems - Creating systems that detect and alert cyclists of nearby vehicles to prevent accidents.
3. Traffic Detection Technology - Using technology to detect and identify nearby vehicles to improve cyclist safety.
1. Bicycle Manufacturing - Incorporating sensor technology into bicycles to increase safety and value for customers.
2. Smart Cities - Integrating cyclist alert systems into city infrastructure to improve bike safety and decrease traffic accidents.
3. Automotive - Partnering with bicycle sensor manufacturers to integrate cyclist safety technology into cars.