These shoes are clearly meant for the bedroom only--the whips that protrude from each toe make it impossible to walk in them even if you wanted to.
These beautifully-made 'Bed Shoes' are from Etsy user Isakaos and, of course, are totally sold out. Many so-called 'fetish' shoes are unaesthetic and horrible to look at--I can only hope that other designers will follow in the footsteps of this one.
Implications - Modern society is one that is highly sexualized in nature. Images, ads and fashions that were once considered too naughty or risque for public consumption are now driving the consumer world of those eager to push the boundaries. The fascination with bondage and other fetishes that were once bedroom secrets extends so far into the public sphere of today's market.
These 'Bed Shoes' Are Made for Whipping
1. Sexualized Society - Opportunity for businesses to capitalize on the consumer desire for naughty and risque products that push the boundaries.
2. Aesthetic Fetish Fashion - Demand for beautifully-designed fetish shoes opens up the market for designers to create more stylish and visually appealing options.
3. Public Acceptance of Fetishes - Growth in the acceptance of fetishes as a part of mainstream culture creates opportunities for businesses to cater to this market openly.
1. Adult Entertainment - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop and market high-quality fetish products that cater to the growing demand in the adult entertainment industry.
2. Fashion and Footwear - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Design fashionable fetish shoes that embrace aesthetics without compromising on functionality, allowing customers to make bold fashion statements.
3. Marketing and Advertising - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Help brands incorporate risque or taboo elements into their marketing campaigns to tap into the consumer desire for edgy and provocative content.