U.S. Airways has discovered another in-flight medium to sell to marketers - the barf bag. Phil Gee, a spokesperson form the airline said it's difficult not to notice the bag when rummaging through the seat back, and since it is a blank canvas it could be used to sell products or services. Apparently the barf bag is a carry on from the early days of aviation when there was severe turbulence. As of now no companies have decided to put their name on the bags. - GUSH Magazine
1. In-flight Advertising - Using unconventional spaces like barf bags for advertising creates new opportunities for marketers to engage with passengers during flights.
2. Personalized In-flight Marketing - By customizing barf bags with relevant branding or messaging, marketers can deliver targeted advertising that resonates with passengers.
3. Creative Airline Merchandising - Exploring unique merchandising options like branded barf bags allows airlines to generate additional revenue and provide a memorable customer experience.
1. Airline Industry - Airlines can leverage barf bag advertising as a disruptive innovation to diversify their revenue streams and create new marketing opportunities.
2. Advertising Industry - The advertising industry can explore barf bags as a new and unconventional medium to reach audiences and drive brand awareness.
3. Travel Retail Industry - Travel retail companies can partner with airlines to offer exclusive products or promotions on barf bags, tapping into a captive audience.