The Concerned Women for America were : well, concerned. Outraged, even. Was Barbie becoming part of the transgender movement?
On Dec. 30, CWA, a leading Christian conservative group, noted on its Web site that on the Barbie Web site, www.Barbie.com, "there is a poll that asks children their age and sex."
The concern comes after a conservative boycott of Mattel's American Girls dolls. The American Family Association and the Pro-Life Action League protested that some American Girls dolls were wearing "I Can" wristbands, which support Girls Inc. Girls Inc. is a national, nonprofit organization that promotes education and self-esteem programs, as well as sex education, and supports abortion rights and the acceptance of gays and lesbians. The Mattel-Girls Inc. partnership ended on Dec. 26.
1. Transgender-inclusive Toys - Opportunity to innovate by creating toys that promote diversity and inclusivity, catering to the transgender community as well.
2. Controversial Brand Collaborations - Opportunity to disrupt traditional partnerships by collaborating with controversial organizations or causes to generate attention and drive brand conversations.
3. Conservative Consumer Backlash - Opportunity for brands to understand and respond to conservative consumer sentiments by addressing concerns and finding a middle ground to maintain customer loyalty.
1. Toy Manufacturing - Disruptive innovation opportunity to develop and produce toys that challenge societal norms and address the demand for inclusive playthings.
2. Nonprofit Organizations - Opportunity for nonprofits to explore new partnerships and initiatives that foster diversity and inclusivity, while also catering to controversial topics and supporting social causes.
3. Market Research - Disruptive innovation opportunity for market research companies to specialize in analyzing consumer sentiment and crafting strategies to address the concerns of different ideological groups.