With 2017 marking the year of the rooster in relation to the Chinese calendar, A Bathing Ape chose to tribute the 10th animal in the Chinese zodiac with a selection of new BAPE shirts.
Two different styles are offered, with one being a long-sleeve crewneck in jet black that features the streetwear brand's ape motif at the center of a circular graphic. In honor of the New Year, the character has a yellow, brown and red colorway, with the latter hue marking the features of a rooster. Around this, "BATHING APE" and "YEAR OF ROOSTER" are written in bold lettering.
The other is a white tee, which features the same graphic at its center. Although the new BAPE shirts haven't had a release date confirmed, it's likely they'll be available closer to the end of January when Lunar celebrations commence.
These New BAPE Shirts Were Made to Celebrate the Year of the Rooster
1. Rooster-themed Streetwear - Opportunity for fashion brands to create limited-edition streetwear collections inspired by zodiac animals.
2. Year of the Rooster - Brands can leverage the Chinese zodiac to create products and marketing campaigns targeted towards Asian markets.
3. Limited-edition Collaborations - Collaborations between streetwear brands and artists/designers can result in unique and highly sought-after collectible items.
1. Fashion - Fashion brands can capitalize on zodiac animal-themed merchandise to attract customers during significant astrological years.
2. Marketing and Advertising - Agencies can help brands develop targeted campaigns that leverage cultural symbols and events for increased consumer engagement.
3. Art and Design - Artists and designers can collaborate with popular fashion brands to create unique and collectible limited-edition items.