The Backstay Hostel in Ghent, Belgium, is an incredible budget accommodation option located within one of the city's historic Art Deco buildings. The Backstay Hostel features vibrant decor, themed floors and a charismatic mandate of treating each and every guest like a friend.
In addition to a bar that offers live music, Backstay Hostel also offers all the regular hostel amenities like free wi-fi and free breakfast, while it is also one of the largest hostels in the region, boasting 15 rooms with 108 beds.
While the floors are color-coded, the rooms at Backstay are each named after an international newspaper, a reference to the buildings former occupants, including the likes of the New York Times, Canada's the Globe and Mail, Germany's Die Ziet and Britain's the Guardian.
The Backstay Hostel in Ghent is Located in a Stunning Art Deco Building
1. Historic Building Hostels - The trend of converting historic buildings into hostels offers a unique opportunity to both preserve cultural heritage and create affordable lodging options for travelers.
2. Themed and Social Hostels - The rise of themed and socially conscious hostels creates opportunities to cater to niche markets and offer travelers a unique experience beyond just a place to sleep.
3. Large Hostel Chains - The growth of large hostel chains presents opportunities for economies of scale and the ability to offer consistent experiences across multiple locations.
1. Hospitality Industry - The hospitality industry can take advantage of the trend of converting historic buildings into hostels by partnering with building owners, adapting existing hotels to fit the hostel model, and offering unique experiences to attract budget-conscious travelers.
2. Real Estate Industry - The real estate industry can explore the potential of converting underutilized historic buildings into hostels, contributing to urban revitalization and promoting sustainable tourism.
3. Travel Industry - The travel industry can leverage the rise of themed and social hostels by promoting them through online booking platforms, creating tailored travel packages, and partnering with hostel owners to offer unique activities and experiences.