Michael Hill Jewelers teamed with the Media Experts firm and Canadian Bachelor Tim Warmels to create the 'Bachelor Canada Experience,' an immersive augmented reality proposal that will melt even the coldest of hearts.
A few lucky shoppers in malls across Ontario and B.C. got to look into Warmel's big brown eyes, as he kneeled and asked for their hand in marriage. Over 2,000 of the 12,000 shoppers that participated had their proposals recorded.
One shopper, Karolina, had her virtual experience go one step further. Virtual Tim explained that Karolina's actual boyfriend would be the one proposing to her. A virtual manifestation of her boyfriend appeared on screen to pop the question, before coming out to put the actual ring on her finger.
Sparks Fly During the Bachelor Canada Experience
1. Augmented Reality Proposals - Opportunity for businesses to create immersive and personalized proposals using augmented reality technology.
2. Virtual Reality Experiences - Potential for businesses to offer virtual reality experiences that allow customers to interact with virtual versions of celebrities or public figures.
3. Recorded Virtual Proposals - Growing trend of recording virtual proposals, offering couples a memorable and shareable experience.
1. Jewelry Retail - Jewelry retailers can leverage augmented reality technology to create unique and immersive shopping experiences for customers.
2. Entertainment - Opportunity for entertainment industry to create virtual reality experiences featuring popular celebrities or public figures.
3. Event Planning - Event planners can incorporate virtual reality technology to offer memorable and personalized proposals.