Amazon.com Inc. recently launched a new augmented reality salon. Located in East London, customers can partake in augmented reality hair consultations to virtually test out new hair colors and “capture their new look in a dedicated creative area." Clients will be offered a range of styling services for children and adults such as cut and blow-dry, balayage, full head highlights, and more.
In addition, the new Amazon salon allows customers to “point and learn” about the displayed technology using their smartphones. Visitors can even order products in the salon via Amazon by scanning the QR codes.
Elena Lavagni, the owner of London-based Neville Hair & Beauty, is the head of the new concept. “I am delighted to be part of this project – the salon combines classic hairdressing services with technology to deliver a completely unique experience for clients,” she said. “Our creative team of stylists, whose flair for hair is as intrinsic as their love for technology, will put the client at the heart of everything they do.
Image Credit: Amazon
Amazon Opens New Augmented Salon to Showcase Technology to Client & Stylists
1. Augmented Reality Beauty Consultations - There is an opportunity for beauty brands to incorporate augmented reality technology to allow customers to virtually test out products before purchasing.
2. Point-and-learn Technology in Brick-and-mortar Retail - With the rise of mobile technology, there is an opportunity for brick-and-mortar retailers to create interactive shopping experiences like Amazon's augmented salon through point-and-learn technology.
3. Online Ordering Integrations in Physical Spaces - There is an opportunity for physical retail spaces to integrate online ordering systems, like Amazon's QR code system, to provide seamless and convenient shopping experiences.
1. Beauty Industry - The beauty industry can benefit from incorporating augmented reality consultations and allowing customers to test and visualize products before buying.
2. Retail Industry - The retail industry can benefit from incorporating augmented reality technology and point-and-learn technology to create interactive experiences and enhance the shopping experience for customers.
3. Online Retail Industry - Online retailers like Amazon can expand into physical spaces by integrating their online ordering systems, like the QR code system, to provide physical customers with the same seamless and convenient experiences they expect online.