Netflix is releasing an audio-only feature for the platform's Android application, which can be used by selecting a "Video Off button" located on the top of the screen.
The audio-only feature was previously seen in a server-side update. Users can also access the new features in the app settings, where they can toggle between "Audio Only," "Always On," and various other options.
The new feature provides more functionality to users and allows them to listen to Netflix content while on the go, or doing other activities. It can also allow people to save on data costs. The platform already owns podcasts, but they are all currently hosted on other platforms like Spotify or Apple Podcasts.
The new mobile feature will not be available in all regions initially.
Image Credit: Shutterstock
Netflix Launched Audio Exclusive Features to Its Android App
1. Mobile Audio-only Streaming - Netflix's launch of an audio-only feature for its Android app presents an opportunity for other streaming platforms to explore mobile audio-only streaming capabilities.
2. On-the-go Entertainment - The ability to listen to Netflix content while doing other activities opens up possibilities for other entertainment platforms to develop similar features for increased mobility and convenience.
3. Data Cost Optimization - The audio-only feature offered by Netflix allows users to save on data costs, opening up opportunities for data-conscious streaming platforms to offer similar options.
1. Streaming Platforms - Streaming platforms have the opportunity to leverage mobile audio-only streaming features to enhance user experience and attract a wider audience.
2. Entertainment Technology - The development of on-the-go entertainment features presents disruptive innovation opportunities for companies in the entertainment technology industry to capitalize on changing consumer preferences.
3. Telecommunications - The demand for data cost optimization in streaming services creates opportunities for telecommunications companies to collaborate with streaming platforms to provide improved data-saving solutions.