A famous french calligrapher and light painter, Mr Julien Breton, has unveiled a new series of light calligraphy as an identity for the famous dance crew Compagnie Cortex. Julien Breton illustrates the movements of the Cortex dancers with his flawless golden light calligraphy, a departure from the artist’s signature work with architecture and nature.
He fuses urban graffiti with an appreciation for Western philosophy, expanding the aesthetics of light-painting with deft photon calligraphy. A student of Latin and Arabic lettering, Breton merges iconography, creating a modern alphabet perfect for long exposure tagging of Compagnie’s Cortex dance movements. To form the stylized glyphs, Breton has to become part choreographer and art director to write, literally, in space.
What do you think about light calligraphy?! Have you ever seen it before?
Julien Breton Adds Dance Flair to Light Graffiti
1. Light Calligraphy - Light calligraphy merges urban graffiti with long exposure tagging, creating a modern alphabet for artistic expression.
2. Dance Flair - Incorporating dance movements into light calligraphy introduces a new dimension of creativity and expression.
3. Photon Calligraphy - The use of light as a medium for calligraphy expands the boundaries of traditional lettering, offering unique artistic possibilities.
1. Art and Design - The art and design industry can explore the use of light calligraphy as a disruptive innovation for visual expression and communication.
2. Entertainment and Performing Arts - Incorporating light calligraphy in dance performances can offer a captivating and visually stunning experience for audiences.
3. Photography and Visual Arts - Photographers and visual artists can experiment with photon calligraphy as a means to create captivating and unique compositions.