Launched a year ago, the Apple HomeKit program has finally revealed the fruits of its labors in a small collection of smart home products designed and developed by third-party manufacturers. All went through rigorous testing methods to ensure the products live up to Apple’s high standards as well as those of their consumers. Through Apple HomeKit, the products will be able to work seamlessly with iOS devicesas well as connect to Siri.
The first round of Apple HomeKit products include Ecobee, a WiFi connected thermostat; Elgato, a line of sensors that detect and collect air quality, humidity, air pressure and temperature levels; iHOME‘s SmartPlug, a device that lets you turn on/off appliances through your iOS device; Lutron, a bridge device that connect the HomeKit device with a lighting system and Insteon, a bridge device that connects home automation devices with HomeKit.
The Apple HomeKit Offers iOS-Friendly, Third-Party Manufactured Accessories
1. Third-party Smart Home Products - There is an opportunity for third-party manufacturers to develop and create their smart home products and integrate them into the Apple HomeKit protocol.
2. Apple Homekit-enabled Lighting Systems - There is an opportunity for lighting system manufacturers to develop products compatible with the Apple HomeKit protocol to offer seamless integration with iOS devices.
3. Air Quality Monitoring Sensors - There is an opportunity for sensor manufacturers to develop sensor products that can monitor and collect air quality, humidity, air pressure, and temperature levels and integrate them into the Apple HomeKit protocol.
1. Smart Home - The smart home industry has an opportunity to develop and create smart devices compatible with the Apple HomeKit protocol.
2. Lighting Systems - The lighting system industry has an opportunity to develop lighting products that work with Apple HomeKit to offer seamless integration with iOS devices.
3. Sensor - The sensor industry has an opportunity to create air quality monitoring sensors that are compatible with the Apple HomeKit protocol.