SeatGeek, an event ticket marketplace and aggregator of sports, concert and theater tickets, recently became the first of its kind to sell in-app tickets on Snapchat.
Although Snapchat has been testing e-commerce capabilities since the beginning of the year, the first tickets to be made available from SeatGeek via Snapchat were for a recent Major League Soccer match. SeatGeek offered up tickets to a Los Angeles Football Club match in May through Snapchat Story, as well as a Snapcode and on the Los Angeles Football Club's website.
When it came to securing their ticket, Snapchat users were able to swipe up, choose their desired seat and checkout—all within Snapchat. Going forward, Snapchat plans to make it possible for athletes and performers to be able to sell event tickets to fans in a way that's just as seamless.
SeatGeek Now Sells Event Tickets Directly from Snapchat
1. In-app Ticket Sales - The trend of selling event tickets directly within an app is disrupting the traditional ticketing industry by providing a seamless and convenient purchasing experience.
2. Social Media E-commerce - The trend of integrating e-commerce capabilities into social media platforms like Snapchat is creating new opportunities for businesses to directly reach and engage with their target audience.
3. Athlete/performer Ticket Sales - The trend of athletes and performers selling event tickets directly to fans is revolutionizing the ticketing industry by bypassing traditional distribution channels and allowing for more intimate and personalized experiences.
1. Event Ticketing - The event ticketing industry can leverage in-app ticket sales to streamline the purchasing process and enhance the customer experience.
2. Social Media - Social media platforms, such as Snapchat, can capitalize on the trend of social media e-commerce by providing businesses with new tools and features to sell products and services directly to users.
3. Sports and Entertainment - Sports teams and entertainment performers can embrace athlete/performer ticket sales to strengthen their relationship with fans, increase ticket sales, and offer unique experiences.