Following the release of the hit documentary 'March of the Penguins', there has been an explosion in tourism to the Antarctic. Fortunately, there are innovative organizations ready to capitalize on that trend. The British Antarctic Service has created this award winning eco-friendly vehicle called "Ninety Degrees South". The vehicle is designed to fit into the Twin Otter aircraft used by the BAS for working in remote locations.
One of the most innovative features of Ninety Degrees South is its ability to detect crevasses and adjust speed accordingly. In the second photo, you can see that Ninety Degrees South has a set of wheels that travel well in front of the vehicle to detect ice thickness. This is a key factor when you want to cruise fast in the deep south. Cool.
1. Antarctic Tourism Explosion - Creating eco-friendly vehicles and equipment specifically for Antarctic tourism opportunities.
2. Remote Location Equipment - Developing more efficient equipment for remote location work such as the eco-friendly Ninety Degrees South.
3. Ice Detection Technology - Innovating technology to detect ice thickness and other obstacles for safe navigation in extreme environments like the Antarctic.
1. Tourism - An eco-friendly vehicle like Ninety Degrees South can revolutionize the Antarctic tourism industry by providing a unique and safe experience for tourists.
2. Transportation - Opportunity to create more efficient and eco-friendly transportation options for remote locations like the Antarctic.
3. Exploration Equipment - Innovations in equipment like Ninety Degrees South can revolutionize the way we explore remote and extreme environments.