This mobile phone and high speed Internet service provider wants to eliminate monthly phone plans and replace them with cheaper annual plans instead. FreedomPop -- the same LA-based company behind mobile LTE hotspots, wifi-first smartphones and cross-country wifi services -- offers an industry-first with their annual plans for mobile phones.
For a mere $49 a year, the mobile virtual network operator gives 1000 minutes, 1000 texts and 1GB of data a month on either the Sprint LTE network or with AT & T, which works out to about $4 a month according to VentureBeat. Although FreedomPop was initially only in the United States, they have since gone global, reaching the UK and Spain as well.
FreedomPop Now Provides Affordable Annual Plans For Your Mobile Phone
1. Affordable Annual Plans - The trend of offering annual phone plans instead of monthly plans provides an opportunity for cost savings and increased customer loyalty.
2. Elimination of Monthly Plans - The trend of eliminating monthly phone plans allows for simplified billing and reduces churn rates.
3. Expansion of Global Services - The trend of expanding phone services globally opens up new markets and revenue streams for mobile service providers.
1. Mobile Service Providers - Mobile service providers can explore the opportunity of offering more affordable and flexible annual plans to attract and retain customers.
2. Wireless Carriers - Wireless carriers can capitalize on the trend of eliminating monthly plans by offering simplified billing options and more value-packed annual plans.
3. Telecommunications - The telecommunications industry can benefit from the expansion of global services by partnering with international mobile service providers to offer seamless connectivity and coverage to customers worldwide.