The Anders Solvsten Thomsen 'Obey' spread, featured in the first issue of Coitus magazine, takes bondage to the next level with leather masks, mechanical-looking vests, dog muzzles, haute couture harnesses, and metal dresses (for men).
Model Simone Canone was captured by photographer Pantelis in a way that retained his school-boy innocent looks with a side part, slicked-back hair and feminine makeup.
Implications - As the concept of S&M is becoming less of a taboo topic and more of a mainstream feature, it's anticipated that businesses will look to tie in this naughty and sexual idea into other products. Though currently being mostly incorporated into fashion designs, this theme can also easily present itself in furniture pieces or works of decor where it may be considered more acceptable.
The Scandalous Anders Solvsten Thomsen 'Obey' Editorial in Coitus Magazine
1. Mainstream S&M - Opportunity for businesses to incorporate the taboo theme of S&M into non-fashion products like furniture or decor.
2. Bondage-inspired Fashion - Opportunity for fashion designers to create innovative and daring bondage-inspired clothing beyond leather masks and metal dresses.
3. Gender-neutral Styling - Opportunity to explore gender-neutral fashion and beauty trends, incorporating feminine makeup in men's styling.
1. Fashion Design - Opportunity for fashion designers to push boundaries and create unique and bold styles inspired by S&M themes.
2. Interior Design - Opportunity for interior designers to incorporate elements of S&M-inspired decor into furniture pieces and home accessories.
3. Beauty and Cosmetics - Opportunity for beauty brands to explore gender-neutral makeup and expand their offerings to cater to diverse styles and preferences.