Spotify's new 'Amplify' hub is a new destination set to highlight various communities throughout the year. The new hub will feature music with a connection to mental health awareness, LGBTQ rights, immigration, and gender equality. The Amplify hub is a new exploration of Spotify's playlists and will hopefully work out better than the tragedy-focused playlist Spotify had rolled out in the past. The hub will not only cater to music fans, but will also include podcasts and premade playlists.
Spotify's inaugural use of the Amplify hub is set to showcase music pertaining to Women's month and International Women's Day. The hub is divided into several sections, including “Icons & influencers,” “Movements on the rise” and “Her story.” Each section contains a themed playlist along side singles and podcasts. The Amplify hub will also feature exclusive interviews with artists, as seen on Spotify's Latin hub.
Image Credit: Spotify
The Amplify Hub is a New Spotify Feature That Shines Light on Issues
1. Music and Mental Health Awareness - Opportunity to create platforms and services that promote mental health awareness through music.
2. Music and LGBTQ Rights - Potential for innovative music hubs that celebrate and support LGBTQ rights through curated playlists and podcasts.
3. Music and Gender Equality - Disruptive innovation opportunities exist for platforms that highlight gender equality in the music industry through dedicated hubs and exclusive content.
1. Streaming and Music Platforms - Disruptive innovation opportunities for streaming and music platforms to develop specialized hubs and playlists that cater to specific social issues.
2. Mental Health Services - Opportunity to collaborate with music streaming platforms in creating mental health-focused services and playlists.
3. Podcasts and Audio Content - Emerging market for podcasts and audio content that explores social issues and fosters conversation through music-related hubs and platforms.