The 2020 American Eagle back-to-school campaign was shot entirely over Zoom and taps into young influencers like TikTok's Addison Rae. No industry has been left untouched by the global pandemic, which has caused many brands to create full advertisements on accessible platforms like Zoom.
The #AExME Back To School (BTS) ‘20 Campaign is all about showcasing ultimate comfort, limitless movement and championing the way real kids choose to express themselves. The BTS ‘20 Campaign is American Eagle's first-ever virtually produced campaign inspired by TikTok and it comes to life thanks to young stars who share a passion for dance.
The campaign was directed, shot and produced entirely via Zoom and the experience was unique because hair and makeup artist Allie Smith gave virtual hair tutorials and the Gen Z stars of the campaign styled themselves.
Image Credit: American Eagle
The American Eagle Back to School Campaign Was Created on Zoom
1. Virtual Advertising - The American Eagle campaign showcases the potential for creating full advertisements on accessible platforms like Zoom.
2. Influencer Marketing - The campaign taps into young influencers like TikTok's Addison Rae to reach the Gen Z audience.
3. Virtual Production - American Eagle's first-ever virtually produced campaign demonstrates the power of digital tools in creating content remotely.
1. Fashion Retail - The American Eagle back-to-school campaign highlights the potential for innovative advertising strategies in the fashion retail industry.
2. Beauty and Personal Care - Virtual hair tutorials conducted by Allie Smith during the campaign suggest opportunities for disruptive virtual beauty experiences.
3. Social Media Platforms - The use of TikTok influencers in the American Eagle campaign showcases the influence and power of social media platforms in reaching target audiences.