The Amazin Grazin Cheese Snack Bars has been released by UK-based cheese brand Norseland as a response to the consumer demand for snacks with a less sugary or sweet profile. Targeted at young adults, the snacks are available in three flavors including Berries & Cherries, Smoky Chipotle and Sticky Date & Honey, which are all individually portioned for easy consumption out of the house. The cheese-based snacks help to offer consumers an alternative to sweet snacks for shoppers who are experiencing fatigue.
Head of Marketing and New Product Development at Norseland Dominique Delacour spoke on the Amazin Grazin Cheese Snack Bars saying, "Young consumers want easy snacking options, but they are really demanding a high taste factor. Those in their 20s and 30s in particular are used to leading non-sedentary lives. They are very busy and on the go all day; they work on the go, communicate with their friends and family on the go, and they eat and drink on the go. Food companies have to respond to this huge change in this social group’s lifestyle in order to meet their needs."
The Amazin Grazin Cheese Snack Bars Respond to Consumer Demand
1. Less Sugary or Sweet Snacks - There is an opportunity to create snacks that cater to consumer demand for a less sugary or sweet profile.
2. Individually Portioned Snacks - There is a market for snacks that are conveniently portioned for easy consumption on the go.
3. Cheese-based Alternatives - There is a need for alternative snack options that provide a savory taste experience without compromising convenience.
1. Snack Food Industry - The snack food industry can explore creating and promoting healthier, less sugary or sweet snack options to cater to changing consumer preferences.
2. Convenience Food Industry - The convenience food industry can capitalize on the demand for individually portioned snacks that are easy to consume on the go.
3. Dairy Industry - The dairy industry can innovate by developing more cheese-based alternatives that offer a savory taste experience and cater to the needs of busy, on-the-go consumers.