Alternative Apparel is a brand that has successfully (depending on who you ask of course) straddled the line between corporate and social. It's a popular brand with over 160,000 likes on Facebook and a verified Twitter account with over 40,000 followers. It has two locations in California, in Los Angeles and Venice Beach.
What makes the brand, well, a brand is its attempt to grab consumers through various facets of life, not just clothes. "Get the latest + greatest on all things Alternative including new styles, fashion and trends, music, art and more more," says their Twitter bio. While that may capture people more than their lengthily important vendor guidelines and principles, social responsibility is crucial to Alternative Apparel.
Alternative Apparel website
Alternative on Facebook
Alternative on Twitter
Alternative on Pinterest
Alternative on Tumblr
Alternative on Foursquare
Alternative on YouTube
Alternative Apparel Straddles the Line Between Corporate & Social
1. Corporate-social Brands - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop brands that straddle the line between corporate and social, appealing to consumers through various facets of life.
2. Socially Responsible Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create fashion brands that prioritize social responsibility, appealing to conscious consumers who value ethical practices.
3. Multi-faceted Consumer Engagement - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Design marketing strategies that engage consumers beyond just selling clothes, incorporating elements like music, art, and trends.
1. Clothing Brands - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Revolutionize the clothing industry by offering alternative and sustainable apparel options.
2. Social Media Marketing - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Transform the marketing industry by leveraging social media platforms to engage consumers and build brand loyalty.
3. Sustainable Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Disrupt the fashion industry by developing sustainable fashion brands that prioritize ethical and environmentally-friendly practices.