Food blog darling Jessica of How Sweet Eats is known for her decadent hybrids and sweet manipulations of classic treats, and these Almond Joy Scones are no exception. For those who would choose a candy bar over a fresh pastry any day, Jessica has devised baked goods that packaged food junkies can live with. Using her favorite chocolate bar for inspiration, Jessica has created these dense buttery scones accented with almond meal and flaked coconut drizzled with one of the most luscious looking chocolate ganaches I've ever seen.
Making it acceptable to revisit the follies of our youth, Jessica beckons our inner child to eat candy for breakfast again. These scones boast much more substance that your usually trick-or-treating fare, so you may yet avoid the early morning sugar hangovers that punctuated your youth. These Almond Joy Scones are ready, willing and able to put a smile on anyone's face, so whip them up today and give them a good home.
Eat Candy for Breakfast With These Almond Joy Scones
1. Hybrid Pastries - The trend of blending classic treats with unconventional ingredients creates opportunities for bakeries and cafes to attract a wider customer base with unique and out-of-the-box flavors.
2. Gourmet Junk Food - The trend of elevating junk food with high-quality ingredients can attract consumers who crave indulgent treats but also want to make healthier choices, creating disruptive innovation opportunities for small businesses and food startups.
3. Unconventional Breakfast Foods - The trend of incorporating sweet flavors into breakfast items, such as scones and pastries inspired by candy bars, opens up opportunities for bakeries and cafes to tap into the growing demand for experimental breakfast choices.
1. Bakery - Bakeries can experiment with blending unconventional ingredients with classic treats to create innovative pastries and baked goods that cater to the evolving tastes of consumers.
2. Cafe - Cafes can offer a unique breakfast experience by incorporating sweet and indulgent flavors into their menu items, attracting customers who seek unconventional breakfast choices.
3. Food Startup - Food startups can capitalize on the trend of gourmet junk food by creating healthier alternatives to classic treats without sacrificing taste or quality.