Ripple, the brand behind plant-based milk alternatives powered by pea protein, is expanding its product portfolio to include a range of frozen allergy-friendly desserts that are free from not just dairy but also other top allergens. Ripple's Plant-Based Frozen Dessert is described as being as smooth, creamy and indulgent as traditional dairy ice cream and is made with the brand's 'ripptein' proprietary pea protein blend. As such, Ripple's dairy-free ice cream is free from eggs, nuts and soy, which offers an alternative to other popular non-dairy products that are made with cashews, soy or almonds.
The Plant-Based Frozen Desserts are offered in classic flavors like Chocolate, Vanilla, Cookies & Crème and Mint Chip, as well as other favorites like Cinnamon Churro.
Image Credit: Ripple
Ripple's Dairy-Free Ice Cream Avoids the Use of Top Allergens
1. Plant-based Frozen Desserts - The trend of plant-based frozen desserts that are free from top allergens offers an opportunity for disruptive innovation in the dessert industry.
2. Allergy-friendly Products - The growing demand for allergy-friendly products like Ripple's dairy-free ice cream presents an opportunity for disruptive innovation in the food and beverage industry.
3. Pea Protein - The use of pea protein as a key ingredient in Ripple's frozen desserts points to a disruptive innovation opportunity in the plant-based protein market.
1. Dessert Industry - The dessert industry can explore disruptive innovation opportunities by developing and marketing plant-based frozen desserts that are free from top allergens.
2. Food and Beverage Industry - The food and beverage industry can tap into the growing demand for allergy-friendly products by creating new innovative offerings that cater to consumers with dietary restrictions.
3. Plant-based Protein Market - The use of pea protein in Ripple's dairy-free ice cream highlights a disruptive innovation opportunity for companies in the plant-based protein market looking to create alternative, allergen-free protein sources.