There is a disquieting vibe to the Alienate Me series that has much to do with the disconnected theme that is at the center of this shoot. With vacant eyes and an expressionless face, model Vanessa beautifully portrays a woman who wants to abandon and be abandoned. The eerie makeup and hair by Giorgio Accettura definitely help with this portrayal.
Shot by Milan-based Black Light Studio, the Alienate Me series also has an archaic aesthetic despite the rather modern styling done by Marcos Vinicius Pires. Alternating between basic, black looks that seem fit for a practitioner of dark magic to layered, colorful outfits that are perfect for contemporary women, the Alienate Me series seems to play with the idea of a woman confused with her identity as well.
The Alienate Me Series is Eerily Expressionless
1. Disquieting Photography - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore new techniques and styles to capture disquieting and emotionally evocative photography.
2. Disconnected Themes - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Integrate disconnected themes and emotions into various forms of art, fashion, or media to engage and challenge audiences.
3. Archaic Aesthetics - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Combine traditional and ancient aesthetics with modern elements for a unique and captivating visual expression.
1. Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create fashion collections that evoke disquiet and exploration of disconnected themes in order to captivate and challenge consumers.
2. Photography - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop new photography techniques and styles that capture the essence of disconnection and intrigue, pushing the boundaries of visual storytelling.
3. Art - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Use different mediums and techniques to depict archaic aesthetics combined with modern elements, creating thought-provoking and visually striking artworks.