Chances are if you enjoy wildlife and escaping to the wilderness, you also want to do something to preserve it -- which is where this Alaska lodge comes in. Described as a wilderness eco-lodge, the Kenai Riverside Lodge consists of 16 different cabins on the banks of the Kenai River. Run by Alaska Wildland Adventures, the ecotourism site provides a down-to-earth getaway.
While the accommodations might feel mellow, the activities are anything but. The Alaska lodge is ideal for sportfishing enthusiasts and is considered the base camp for a number of Guided Journeys including rafting and hiking. They also offer naturalist programs, a wood-fired sauna and family-style dining. There are a number of packages available too, if you're pining for the fjords or want to check out the backcountry.
This Alaska Lodge is on the Banks of the Kenai River
1. Eco-tourism - Opportunities for companies to promote sustainability while providing wilderness experiences.
2. Sportfishing - Innovative ways to cater to the growing demand for sportfishing experiences and accommodations.
3. Guided Journeys - Creating customizable, all-inclusive, guided journeys for adventure enthusiasts.
1. Hospitality - Providing sustainable, specialized and experiential accommodation in ecotourism destinations.
2. Tourism - Developing packages and programs for sportsfishing enthusiasts and nature enthusiasts.
3. Outdoor Retail - Manufacturing and supplying relevant sportfishing and wilderness equipment for adventure experiences.