The decreasing amount of space in the average consumer home has many seeking out ways to find dual-purpose products like the conceptual 'Airea' air purifier to limit the amount of clutter that's present in their living space.
The purifier is designed as a side table that can be placed beside your couch or used as a nightstand that will allow it to virtually disappear into a space. The top portion of the unit also features wireless charging for powering up your smartphone, while the fronts sports a discreet display that will show the time to keep you up-to-date at all times.
The conceptual 'Airea' air purifier is the design work of Bongjung Kim and Sohee Kang and is the winner of the 2018 Asia Design Prize.
The 'Airea' Air Purifier Can be Easily Integrated into a Living Space
1. Dual-purpose Home Products - The trend towards dual-purpose products like the 'Airea' air purifier creates opportunities to combine functionality and convenience in design.
2. Discreet Technology Integration - The trend towards discreet displays and wireless charging creates opportunities for technology integration without compromising aesthetics.
3. Space-saving Solutions - The trend towards space-saving solutions presents opportunities to address the needs of consumers who are seeking ways to live in smaller spaces.
1. Home Decor and Furnishings - Disruptive innovation opportunities in home decor involve designing dual-purpose products that can blend in with existing furnishings, while addressing common concerns like air purification.
2. Consumer Electronics - Disruptive innovation opportunities in consumer electronics involves designing products like the 'Airea' air purifier that integrate with a consumer's daily routine, without creating disruptive changes in their lifestyle.
3. Sustainability - Disruptive innovation opportunities in sustainability involve designing products that limit clutter and contribute to a cleaner living environment by providing additional functionality like air purification.