Whole Foods will be opening a chain of sister stores with more affordable prices aimed at millennials. The current Whole Foods grocery store pushes fresh products at a very hefty price. The new stores will maintain its organic, healthy and ethically sound approach to groceries while catering to a younger demographic. This will meet student budgets and dietary needs.
To make the affordable Whole Foods more appealing to a millennial, those behind the project plan to revamp the design with a modern feel and incorporate "a streamlined, hip, cool, technology-oriented store—a store unlike one anyone’s ever seen before."
The new stores are an attempt to rid Whole Foods of the viral nickname 'whole paycheck' -- a jab at the expensive products, and to welcome those without a disposable income.
This Sister Chain of Whole Foods Will Cater to Millennial Shoppers
1. Affordable-organic-food - Creating affordable organic food options for millennials by providing quality groceries at lower prices.
2. Millennial-focused-grocery-stores - Opening grocery stores specifically targeting millennials by incorporating a modern design and technology-oriented shopping experience.
3. Revamped-whole-foods-experience - Revamping the Whole Foods shopping experience by creating a new store concept that caters to a younger demographic with affordable prices and a fresh, hip design.
1. Grocery-retail - The grocery retail industry can capitalize on the demand for affordable organic food options and create new store formats that appeal to millennials.
2. Food-and-beverage - The food and beverage industry has an opportunity to explore alternative pricing models and packaging strategies to offer healthier and more affordable options to millennials.
3. Sustainable-retail - The sustainable retail industry can leverage the demand for ethically-sourced products by developing innovative concepts that cater to the younger demographic and promote sustainable practices.