In an effort to get more interactive with their outreach campaigns, ad agencies and shelters are engaging in more experience-based adoption initiatives. Trend Hunter Research Writer Laura McQuarrie shares her favorite examples of experiential adoption, from pop-up dog cafes to pet rental services to adoptive cat cinemas.
If you love caffeine and playing with puppies, a cafe lets you interact with dogs while you enjoy your coffee. If companionship without commitment is more you, Dogo connects friendly dogs with friendly people. An eye-catching billboard ad uses beacon technology to make it seem like the dog on-screen follows you around as part of a hi-tech pet adoption initiative. Or for cat lovers, you can now watch a movie and cuddle with a cat at the same time if an Indiegogo project is successful.
Laura McQuarrie Counts Down Her Top Picks for Pet Adoption Initiatives
1. Experiential Adoption Initiatives - Ad agencies and shelters are exploring experience-based adoption initiatives, such as dog cafes or cat cinemas to increase pet adoption rates.
2. Pet Rental Services - Pet rental services like Dogo are emerging as a new trend for people who want companionship without commitment.
3. Beacon Technology Advertising - Beacon technology is being used in pet adoption advertising to increase adoption rates, such as an interactive billboard with a dog that seems to follow you around.
1. Advertising - The advertising industry can adopt experiential and technology-based initiatives like pop-up dog cafes or interactive billboards to increase engagement and effectiveness.
2. Animal Shelters - Animal shelters can leverage experiential adoption initiatives to increase pet adoption rates and find homes for more animals.
3. Pet Rental Services - The pet rental service industry can capitalize on the growing trend of people seeking companionship without commitment by providing innovative solutions like Dogo.