Fans of eco-architecture will flip over the new ADIA Headquarters Towers that are set to be built by Aedas in Abu Dhabi. Yes, these towers are eco-friendly, but what sets them apart is that they aren't just a concept.
The ADIA Headquarters Towers are twin towers standing 25 stories tall that should be completed by 2012. These towers boast “mashrabiya” screen, which lets in and deflects sunlight according to the position of the sun. The buildings will also have rooftop gardens to reduce heat intake. These towers take eco-architecture from concept to reality. I can't wait to see these open.
The ADIA Headquarters Towers are Eco-Friendly UAE Architecture
1. Eco-architecture - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop new sustainable materials and technologies for eco-friendly buildings.
2. Mashrabiya Screen - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create advanced sunlight deflecting screens for improved energy efficiency in buildings.
3. Rooftop Gardens - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Design innovative methods for integrating green spaces into urban environments.
1. Architectural Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Rethink traditional building design approaches to prioritize sustainability.
2. Materials Science - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop new sustainable materials for use in eco-friendly architecture.
3. Urban Planning - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Incorporate green spaces and sustainable design principles into urban development projects.