Life insurance ads are commonly straightforward and serious but Farmers Insurance is using Halloween this year as the prime opportunity to get people thinking about death and arranging appropriate care for loved ones with its ads for insurance.
In Farmers' 'Downward Sphinx,' a mummy is shown doing yoga in the park along with other members of the living and encourages viewers to use this time of year to start thinking about life insurance. As death is a subject that can be unpleasant to approach, the ad for insurance uses some humor to bring light to a dark subject.
For the Halloween season, Farmers Insurance is sharing a series of advertisements featuring other creepy creatures like zombies and vampires to drive its message about "living your best afterlife."
Farmers' Halloween Ad for Insurance Comically Addresses the Afterlife
1. Humorous Insurance Ads - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Creating funny and light-hearted advertisements for typically serious industries to engage with customers in a different way.
2. Death Planning Awareness - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Developing innovative tools and services that make planning for death and caring for loved ones easier and more accessible.
3. Holiday-themed Advertising - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Incorporating seasonal elements into marketing campaigns to capture consumers' attention and stand out from the competition.
1. Insurance - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Exploring unconventional marketing strategies and approaches in the insurance industry to attract and engage customers.
2. Death Planning Services - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Leveraging technology to streamline and modernize the process of planning for death and providing appropriate care for loved ones.
3. Advertising and Marketing - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Creating unique and memorable holiday-themed advertisements to help businesses effectively promote their products or services.