AC/DC's music video for "Rock n' Roll Train" is one that will bypass any workplace firewall--it's encoded in Excel format. Phil Clandillon and Steve Milbourne of Sony/BMG are the gurus behind this massive spreadsheet, which you can actually download here.
Unfortunately, Wired warns us that the Excel spreadsheet won't run on a Mac, and users will need to enable macros for optimal viewing. Or you can just check out the YouTube version of "Rock n' Roll Train" above in its full Excel glory.
Clandillon and Milbourne are fairly certain that this is the first time Excel has been exclusively used to create a music video.
AC/DC Releases Excel-Format "Rock n' Roll Train"
1. Spreadsheet Music Videos - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Exploring the potential of using unconventional formats, like Excel spreadsheets, to create music videos.
2. Digital Creativity - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Leveraging digital tools and platforms to push the boundaries of artistic expression and engage audiences in new ways.
3. Cross-sector Collaboration - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Encouraging collaborations between musicians, tech experts, and creative professionals to merge industries and create unique content.
1. Music and Entertainment - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Embracing unconventional formats and technologies to enhance the music and entertainment industry and offer new experiences to consumers.
2. Technology and Software - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Developing software and tools that enable unconventional digital creativity, such as creating music videos using Excel spreadsheets.
3. Digital Content Platforms - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Providing platforms that support and showcase unconventional digital content, expanding the possibilities for artistic expression.