Sometimes it’s the most bizarre concept that leaves the most lasting impression and Jayson Musson’s abstract sweater artwork is not something you’ll soon forget. Stringing together coogi sweaters -- a popular sweater of the 1980s -- Musson’s knitted creations are so intricately put together that they display in a way that closely resembles an abstract painting.
Being able to develop ideas that leave the audience in a state of disbelief is an incredibly important talent among artists. Then to make things even more impressive, he took ideas from the past and completely reworked them into interesting modern pieces. This speaks of a creativity that can completely set someone apart from the pack. Abstract sweater artwork is the last thing anyone would expect to engage the mind, but it just goes to show that almost anything can inspire thought.
Jayson Musson Strings Together Sweater-Based Abstract Paintings
1. Knitted Artwork Revival - The rise of unique and eye-catching art using knitting techniques and the infusion of traditional knitting methods with new materials and technologies provides an opportunity for art collectors and makers to stand out in the market.
2. Unconventional Art Forms - Musson’s innovative approach in creating abstract art using a sweater-based medium highlights an emerging trend in creating art using unconventional and unexpected materials.
3. Nostalgia-based Designs - Musson’s use of coogi sweaters, which are a popular sweater from the 80s, shows how nostalgia-based designs can be revamped and modernized to create a fresh, new approach to fashion.
1. Art - The innovative use of unconventional materials in art presents a massive opportunity for artists and galleries to differentiate themselves and provide unique pieces for collectors.
2. Fashion - Musson’s work demonstrates how designers and fashion houses can incorporate traditional and nostalgic designs into their collections to create contemporary and modern fashion pieces.
3. Textiles - The resurgence of the art of knitting, particularly with abstract designs, creates opportunities for textile manufacturers to leverage on the demand for unconventional and unique textile products.