Looking through Aaron Johnston's art portfolio is like taking a trip into the mind of an artist with abnormally skilled with a paintbrush and limitless in his imagination.
Aaron Johnston is a St. Paul, Minnesota native who currently resides in New York City. His artwork has been exhibited around the world, including Beirut, Lebanon, Berlin, Germany, and Copenhagen, Denmark.
Looking through his portfolio, it's easy to see why. He manages to blend elements of political satire, surrealism, and psychedelia in his work to create a distinctive aesthetic that is both stylistically alluring and eye-catching.
My favorite illustration from the Aaron Johnston portfolio features former United States President George W. Bush eating a plate of human spaghetti, using the Statute of Liberty and Jesus as his salt and pepper. The message here is clear, Johnston is protesting Bush's foreign policy and the way he utilized patriotism and religion to buoy his War on Terror. Whether or not you agree with Aaron Johnston's politics, credit must be given to his ability to create such a poignant and clear statement in art that is both aesthetically appealing and intellectually challenging.
Aaron Johnston just recently had his work exhibited at the Royal T. Los Angeles Museum and at MISC New York. Click through our gallery to view some of his best work.
Aaron Johnston Creates Memorable and Mangled Art
1. Political Satire Art - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore the use of political satire in art to challenge societal norms and provoke critical thinking.
2. Surrealist Illustrations - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Push the boundaries of imagination by incorporating surreal elements into illustrations, creating visually captivating and thought-provoking artworks.
3. Psychedelic Art Revival - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Embrace the resurgence of psychedelic art with its vibrant colors and abstract patterns, providing a new avenue for self-expression and artistic experimentation.
1. Art and Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop platforms and technologies that enable artists to showcase their unconventional and socially critical artworks to a wider audience.
2. Museum and Gallery - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Curate exhibitions that showcase contemporary art forms like political satire, surrealism, and psychedelic art to engage and challenge viewers.
3. Media and Publishing - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore partnerships with artists like Aaron Johnston to create multimedia content that combines art, politics, and social commentary for a diverse audience.