From April 10 until the 16th, a 7-Eleven giveaway campaign will allow consumers to buy one slurpee and get another one free. The promotion was enacted in celebration of National Sibling Day, which has gained a lot of traction over social media platforms like Instagram and Facebook.
Due to the level of awareness surrounding the annual holiday, the convenience store chain was able to take full advantage by prompting pairs of consumers to enter its locations together – resulting in more traffic, and therefore more revenue.
Additionally, the spring time date of National Sibling Day allows the 7-Eleven giveaway to be even more popular, as it corresponds with the rise in temperature. The flavors of the slurpees reportedly "range by region," but a few include green apple Skittles, blue raspberry Fanta, and watermelon Sour Patch.
This 7-Eleven Giveaway Was Made in Honor of National Sibling Day
1. National Holiday Promotions - Convenience and retail companies can capitalize on national holidays with targeted promotions for increased foot traffic and sales.
2. Social Media Influenced Campaigns - Social media can be used to create awareness and hype around promotional campaigns for effective marketing.
3. Seasonal Product Offerings - Introducing seasonal or regional product offerings can drive customer interest and sales during specific times of the year.
1. Convenience Stores - Convenience stores can take advantage of seasonal and national holidays to promote their products and increase sales.
2. Retail Chains - Retail chains can leverage social media to raise awareness and drive traffic with promotional campaigns tied to national holidays and events.
3. Food and Beverage - Food and beverage companies can differentiate their product lines with seasonal and regional flavors that reflect customer preferences and interests.