To support the growth of 5G technology and experiences, Verizon is opening 5G Labs where companies are invited to develop and test apps and experiences. Verizon recently launched its first 5G-enabled international production lab in London. As the 5G network will offer significantly improved performance over 4G networks, Verizon is encouraging people to make the most of the cutting-edge innovation. Within the London Lab, there's a mobile command center, an AR shopping experience, smart retail shelving and much more.
5G technology will not just be elevating mobile networks but also interconnecting a variety of devices, machines and objects to offer an improved level of performance, efficiency and experiences. 5G will touch a variety of industries, including everything from education and entertainment to transportation.
Image Credit: Verizon
Verizon's 5G Labs are Places for Companies to Develop 5G Experiences
1. 5g-enabled Production Labs - Disruptive innovation opportunities include developing and testing apps and experiences that leverage the improved performance of 5G technology.
2. Interconnecting Devices with 5G - Disruptive innovation opportunities include developing new devices and experiences that take advantage of the improved performance, efficiency, and interconnectivity offered by 5G.
3. 5G Impacting Various Industries - Disruptive innovation opportunities include exploring how 5G can enhance industries such as education, entertainment, and transportation.
1. Education - Disruptive innovation opportunities in education include developing new educational technologies and platforms that leverage the improved performance and interconnectivity of 5G.
2. Entertainment - Disruptive innovation opportunities in entertainment include creating immersive and interactive experiences that utilize the enhanced capabilities of 5G technology.
3. Transportation - Disruptive innovation opportunities in transportation include developing smart infrastructure and connected vehicle technologies that leverage the speed and reliability of 5G networks.