With a recent profile on VSPT Wine Group and their recent awards for environmental and social measures, we are happy to have a quick chat with Barbara Wolff, Head of the 360° Sustainable Program. Wolff has some simple tips and inspirational advice about her marketing and communications experience. Our favourite one is a simple glass of wine.
Since we know a company--and especially an ethical company--is always a team, the photo in the gallery is of part of the team. Here is the photo information: The names of the team members in the photo attached from left to right are as follows: Germán del Rio, Andrea Zwanzger, Juan Leyton, Alvaro Pardo, Bárbara Wolff, Francisca Estartus and Juan Cury.
Four Questions with Barbara Wolff, Head of the 360° Sustainable Program
1. How did the idea for the business model come about?
It was the result of a long process that started many years ago with a small highly motivated team within the company. The results and commitment from the winery grew fast as well as the goals we set for ourselves, including sustainable wine production in our business plan and strategic objectives. And one thing led to another.
2. How did you decide to join this sector?
I have been involved in the wine business for over ten years, mainly in Communications and Marketing. Sustainability has always been of interest, and in this industry where you depend on Mother Nature, you must listen to the environment and act!
3. How do you get your inspiration?
By watching all that is happening around the world and feeling vulnerable.
4. How do you reset yourself to be creative? Do you have any rituals?
No rituals. Just a wonderful family and children that I always dreamt of -- and enjoying life with a nice glass of wine in hand!
VSPT Wine Group
1. Sustainable Wine Production - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop innovative technologies and practices to minimize the environmental impact of wine production while maintaining quality and taste.
2. Ethical Business Models - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore and implement business models that prioritize environmental and social responsibility to meet consumer demand for ethical products and practices.
3. Environmental Awareness in the Wine Industry - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create educational initiatives and awareness campaigns to promote environmentally sustainable practices within the wine industry.
1. Wine Production - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Integrate technology and data analytics to optimize agricultural practices and reduce resource consumption in the wine production process.
2. Sustainability Consulting - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Offer consulting services to help wineries and other businesses develop and implement sustainable practices to reduce environmental impact and increase social responsibility.
3. Eco-friendly Packaging - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop and manufacture environmentally friendly packaging solutions for the wine industry that reduce waste and promote recycling and reuse.