Streetwear imprint BEAMS works in collaboration with Dr. Martens to create a new iteration of the signature 1461 model for the season. The Japanese imprint informs the traditional silhouette with a zipper accent on the side, adding a subtle new elevation.
The rest of the construction remains fairly the same as the original and it comes in simple colorway options of either black or white. The uppers are constructed from smooth leather materials and are accented with the iconic yellow heel loop and intertwining welt stitching. The metal zipper showcases itself beside the lacing system with a BEAMS branded metal tab. Additional details include the sockliner with co-branding details and the trademark AirWair sole unit to deliver comfort. The new 1462 model comes in a bespoke box alongside a set of new laces.
Dr. Martens Receives a New Version of the 1461 Model Alongside BEAMS
1. Zipper-accented Shoes - Designing shoes with zipper accents can change traditional silhouettes and add a subtle new elevation to the design.
2. Co-branded Products - Collaborating with other brands to create new iterations of a product, can broaden the market and create a greater buzz around the product.
3. Minimalist Colorway Options - Creating a product with minimalistic color options can easily cater to the growing demand for simpler and cleaner designs.
1. Fashion - Exploring the fashion industry through collaborations and subtle design changes to iconic silhouettes can open up the market to a wider audience and a bigger buzz.
2. Footwear - Incorporating co-branded designs in creating new iterations of well-known products can give a competitive edge to the footwear industry by broadening the market and increasing sales.
3. Design - Designing minimalist products that offer fewer options can cater to the growing demand for simplicity and create a new segment of customers.