Iconic British footwear brand Dr. Martens has announced the launch of its newest high-profile collaboration with the Japanese streetwear brand AAPE. Together the two brands have teamed up to launch an all-new 1461 silhouette that clashes heritage British design with Japanese streetwear culture.
Made from Dr. Marten's 'Smooth Leather,' the new shoe comes in a classic black or utilitarian olive green variation. Both versions feature an embossed stamp of AAPE’s Moonface logo and “SOMEWHERE IN THE AAPE UNIVERSE” text. In addition, they come with a complementing backstrap that is printed with “AAPE UNVS” script. Moreover, the new silhouette maintains the original 1461's yellow welt stitching and branded heel loop to offer shoppers a model that blends the best of both brands.
For those interested, both the '1461 AAPE DM’S Olive Smooth' and the '1461 AAPE Black Smooth' are currently available to purchase on AAPE's website.
Image Credit: Dr. Marten
Dr. Martens Partners with AAPE to Launch New 1461 Models
1. Streetwear-inspired Footwear - Dr. Martens and AAPE collaboration showcases the potential in creating unique streetwear-themed accessories and footwear for consumers.
2. Heritage X Culture Collaborations - Partnerships between brands that merge distinct cultures and traditions offer an opportunity for the creation of contrasting yet appealing products that bridge the gap between different markets.
3. Customized Accessories - Custom branding on footwear and accessories creates an exclusivity factor that captures consumer interest.
1. Fashion - Fashion industries can partner with brands of varying cultures to create unique runway and ready-to-wear products that target diverse audiences.
2. Footwear - Footwear industries can explore diverse partnerships that merge distinct aesthetics to provide consumers with differentiated footwear options.
3. Lifestyle Apparel - Lifestyle apparel brands can create streetwear-inspired products that target young and diverse audiences, leveraging pop culture's prominence.