Zaha Hadid Architects' recognizable design approach is present in a project that is nearing completion. Located near Chengdu, China, the futuristic building is meant to be utilized as an exhibition and conference center. It is referred to by the name of 'Start-Up.'
This project is part of the Unicorn Island masterplan which is being developed with the aim to expand on China's technology and research sectors. As the name suggests, it is meant to serve unicorn companies. Zaha Hadid Architects worked on the Start-Up exhibition and conference center through a request by the Chengdu government. The building present a sinuous form that is fluid in its expression and relates the studio's signature style.
Image Credit: MIR
Zaha Hadid Architects is Nearing Completion of a Slick Project
1. Ultra-futuristic Exhibition Centers - The trend of designing unconventional exhibition centers, featuring fluid and unique designs.
2. Unicorn-focused Workspaces - Creating workspaces that offer services and facilities to unicorn companies.
3. Expansion of Technology and Research Sectors in China - Increased investment in expanding technology and research sectors in China, especially in areas like Chengdu.
1. Architecture and Design - Opportunity for architectural and design firms to incorporate unique and innovative design concepts in exhibition centers.
2. Technology - Opportunity for tech companies to offer specialized services and facilities for unicorn companies.
3. Real Estate and Construction - Opportunity for real estate and construction companies to invest in the development of futuristic exhibition centers and unicorn-focused workspaces in China.