'YMU Sports,' the United Kingdom-based sports talent agency, announced that it is entering the esports and gaming talent market via a merger with 'Digital Sports MGMT' (DSM). DSM is a London-based esports firm that specializes in marketing, entertainment, esports talent, and gaming talent.
YMU merged with DSM by becoming a majority stakeholder in order to expand into the gaming industry in a large way, leveraging DSM's experience. Additionally, YMU Sports is already a globally-established agency with numerous clients and partnerships around the world, meaning its entrance into the esports industry is a high-profile one.
Mary Bekhair, the Group CEO at YMU, stated: “We are thrilled to join forces with Digital Sports Mgmt and diversify our Sports division into gaming and esports, marketing activation, and sponsorship," affirming that the company is heavily investing into esports as it adapts its company for the modern consumer.
Image Credit: YMU Sports, Digital Sports MGMT.
YMU Sports Partnered with Digital Sports MGMT to Enter Esports Market
1. Esports Talent Agencies - More traditional sports talent agencies will partner with or acquire esports and gaming talent agencies for expansion opportunities.
2. Esports Marketing - Marketing agencies will develop esports-specific strategies and campaigns as the industry continues to grow and gain mainstream attention.
3. Sports Industry Diversification - Established sports agencies and organizations will expand into the esports industry as a way to diversify and reach a younger audience.
1. Sports Talent Agencies - Talent agencies in traditional sports such as football, basketball, and baseball will need to adapt and acquire esports and gaming talent agencies in order to stay competitive.
2. Marketing Agencies - Marketing agencies will need to develop esports-specific strategies and tools to stay relevant and competitive as the industry continues to grow.
3. Gaming Industry - The gaming industry is poised for continued growth and expansion as traditional sports agencies and organizations invest and expand into the esports market.